Monday 25 May 2015

Yum

Apricot, Strawberry & Papaya Jam

Jam making is something, which I learnt way back when I was in school. My kids love Jam on toast. This strange sounding jam is excellent to go anything from hot buttered toast to a bagel.


Normally, what Jam means is totally different in countries. For example, in US it's Jam, because it has both juice and flesh. Some people say, Jam is made with only one fruit not the combination. I use many combinations for making Jam.





Today while thinking about the combination, I saw ripe papaya in the fridge with some strawberries and apricot. First I was going to make the fruit salad for myself, but then I pureed all of them, added some sugar and made the Jam.

I 'm sure you will also try this combination of jam at your home. Will you????? Don't forget to comment below. Until next time.......Happy Cooking Friends, Saumya


Ingredients:

Apricot                          - 2 washed and diced
Strawberries                  - 10 washed and diced
Papaya                          - 1 cup diced cubes
Sugar                             - 3 tblspoon

Method:

In a blender puree diced Apricots,Strawberries and Papaya together.
In a Pan, pour the puree and add the sugar.
















Let this cook and reduce in quantity.
The Sugar will melt and puree will start to change the colour.
















After about 10 minutes, the fruit puree will start to thicken up and gets dark in colour.
Once you see the sides of Pan starts to have the layer of dried fruit puree, switch the flame off.
















Leave the Puree and Sugar mix to cool down.
Once cooled, the Jam is ready.
Store in a sterilised Jar.
This Jam is best to go with Malted bread, Granary bread or even Wholemeal bread.


No comments:

Post a Comment